The Jump Start Years: 18 months – 3 years
Using a variety of enjoyable learning experiences, the Jump Start Years curriculum introduces our children to stimulating development in the following domains:
- Aesthetic & Affective: Children learn how to express their creativity and communicate their emotions through effective and meaningful ways.
- Cognitive: Children develop their thinking ability. They can better recall, understand, apply, analyse, evaluate and create from information.
- Fine Motor Skills: Children are familiar with hand-eye coordination of smaller muscle movements such as synchronised use of their eyes, hands and fingers simultaneously.
- Gross Motor Skills: Children learn how to better utilise larger muscles, facilitating their ability to perform a wide range of physical body actions such as crawling, skipping, running, hopping, and jumping.
- Language Acquisition: Children gain abilities to observe, understand and communicate with both educators and peers in a variety of contexts, using 50-300 words to produce speech that can be as much as 70% intelligible.
Throughout the Jump Start Years, children are introduced to a multitude of new skills through fun and engaging activities. Each day, your child will be engaged in exercises that include following requests and directions, learning how to use objects for other than intended purposes, and performing simple classification tasks. These exercises help children develop the ability to problem solve, think-out-of-the-box, and focus better on the task at hand.
Our children also learn how to engage in self-selected activities for longer periods of time, understand the basics of cause and effect, and name objects in picture books. At our learning centres, educators will help children use up to 300 different words and better articulate their curiosity through words like “what’s that?”.
Click on the icons below to learn more about each stage of your child’s developmental journey with Cherie Hearts.